aura loyalty e-transfer request contest
The “Aura Loyalty e-Transfer Request Contest” Contest (the “Contest”) runs from 12:00:01 AM (Mountain Daylight Time) on August 5, 2021 to 11:59:59 PM (Mountain Daylight Time) on August 15, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). By participating in the Contest, each Entrant (defined below) agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of Celero Solutions Inc. (the “Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to this Contest and the awarding of the prize, including without limitation eligibility and/or disqualification of Entries (defined below). See below for how to get Entries into the Contest.
The Contest is open to individuals (living, natural persons) who are of the age of majority as defined by the laws in the province or territory where they reside as of August 15, 2021 (the “Contest Close Date”) and who are:
- Aura Loyalty Cardholders (defined below) as of the Contest Close Date; or
- residents of a Canadian province or territory (except the Province of Quebec), regardless whether they are Aura Loyalty Cardholders at the time of entry.
For the purposes of this Contest:
- an “Aura Loyalty Cardholder” is an individual (living, natural persons) with an Aura Loyalty account in good standing with Sponsor.
- the “Entrant” is:
- in the case of e-Transfer Request Entries (defined below), the legal person identified as the person in whose name the Aura Loyalty account is held; or
- in the case of Alternate Entries (defined below), the name of the legal person identified as the Entrant in the Alternate Entry.
Individuals following under one or more of the following categories are not eligible to participate in the Contest:
- any individual who is or was an officer, director, employee, agent, or representative of Sponsor, between January 1, 2021 and the Contest Close Date or any person who is a member of the immediate family and resides with such an individual. For the purposes of these Official Rules, “immediate family” shall mean a parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, sibling, or spouse (whether common law or otherwise).
- any legal entity that is not a living natural person.
- any Contest judges, or any person or entity that provided services or materials in connection with this Contest, and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives, and any person who is a member of the immediate family and resides with such an individual.
- any director or officer of a Provincial agency as defined in the Financial Administration Act (Alberta) and to which that Act applies, whether under a contract of service or a contract of services, between January 1, 2021 and the Contest Close Date, and whose substantive duties are directly concerned with the business or affairs of the Sponsor.
In order to claim the prize, the winner must be, or become, an Aura Loyalty Cardholder in good standing. To be “in good standing”, the applicable Aura Loyalty Cardholder account may not be in default of any terms or conditions of the membership, account, lending or card holder agreements and the accounts in question must not been cancelled, closed or otherwise have had any membership privileges suspended.
How to Enter
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. There are two (2) categories of entries (each, an “Entry”):
- e-Transfer Request Entries:
Aura Loyalty Cardholders who make at least one (1) valid funds transfer using the e-Transfer request capability in the Aura Loyalty mobile app during the Contest Period will be automatically entered for the chance to win and will receive one (1) Entry into the Contest.
- Alternate Entries:
To enter the Contest without making a deposit or payment of any kind, send an email to “[email protected]” during the Contest Period requesting to enter the Contest and provide your full name and email address. You will be automatically entered for the chance to win and will receive one (1) Entry into the Contest.
Limit of one (1) Entry per Entrant, regardless of method of entry. Each Entry must be submitted by, or qualifying action initiated by, the Entrant. Any attempt to obtain additional Entries beyond the limits specified in these Official Rules, or to obtain Entries in any way that violates the letter or spirit of these Official Rules may result in disqualification and all Entries obtained by such an Entrant being declared void.
The Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Contest. Entries must be received through transactions completed in accordance with these Official Rules. All decisions of Sponsor are final and not subject to appeal. Proof of entry does not constitute proof of receipt.
There are five (5) prizes available to be won, each consisting of Fifty Dollars ($50.00 CAD), which will be paid to the winner in the form of a deposit into the Aura Loyalty Cardholder’s account. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be substituted or transferred in whole or in part to any other legal person. Prize will be awarded only to verified winners. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize and is not responsible for any activity conducted under the account in the case, for example, of multiple signatories to the account. Depositing the prize will fully satisfy any and all obligations that Sponsor may have in connection with the awarding of any prize. Any costs or expenses associated with the prize not specified in these Official Rules, including but not limited to travel to/from the prize presentation ceremony (if applicable) will be the responsibility of selected winner.
Entrant Selection, Prize Claim Conditions and Winner Verification
On or about August 16, 2021, a random draw will be conducted from among all eligible Entries received to select five (5) potential winners and up to five (5) alternates. Odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. The selected Entrant must satisfy all conditions of these Official Rules, including completion of the skill test described below.
Where there is more than one individual with signing authority on the applicable Aura Loyalty account, Sponsor may require written confirmation from all respective individuals, authorizing one person to be responsible for the completion of all verification and prize claim conditions set out in these Official Rules for the purposes of this Contest.
Selected Entrant Verification and Prize Claim Conditions
The selected Entrants will be contacted by e-mail at the address associated with the Entrant’s Aura Loyalty account or Alternate Entry, within ten (10) business days of the draw. In order to be eligible to win, the selected Entrant must:
- respond to notification of selection within three (3) business days of the first attempt to contact;
- correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone at a mutually convenient time within five (5) business days of first notification;
- return to Sponsor, within five (5) business days of it being sent by Sponsor, confirmation of agreeing to a written declaration and release form, releasing the Sponsor, its employees, officers, directors, and promotional partners, from any liability in connection with this Contest or the use, misuse, awarding or possession of any prize (the “Release”); and
- otherwise comply with these Official Rules.
As part of complying with these Official Rules, the selected Entrant must become an Aura Loyalty Cardholder, if such Entrant is not already an Aura Loyalty Cardholder, within five (5) business days of first notification of selection from Sponsor.
The Sponsor or its representative will attempt to contact the selected Entrant up to three (3) times at the e-mail address associated with the Entrant’s Aura Loyalty account or Alternate Entry. Sponsor will not be responsible for inaccurate information, inability to reach selected Entrant or failure of selected Entrants to respond to notification by the deadline provided, failure to provide proof of eligibility (if requested), the Release, or other required documentation in a timely manner, failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question, inability to qualify as an Aura Loyalty Cardholder, or other non-compliance with these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification, forfeiture of the prize and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, initiating the prize claim process with an alternate eligible Entrant, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
Right to Void / Terminate / Suspend / Modify
Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Contest, or any part it, is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, programming errors, or technical failures, which, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion void any suspect Entries and do one or more of the following:
- terminate the Contest, or any portion of it;
- modify or suspend the Contest, or any portion of it, to address the impairment and then resume the Contest, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or
- award the prizes from among the eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection criteria discussed above.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Contest or any website associated with the Contest, violates the Official Rules, or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or otherwise behaves in an unsportsmanlike manner.
Limitation of Liability
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS, HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM THE CONTEST, INCLUDING THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR ANY GOODS FOR WHICH IT MAY BE REDEEMED, FOR ANY DISPUTES BETWEEN JOINT ACCOUNT HOLDERS OR BETWEEN INDIVIDUALS WITH SIGNING AUTHORITY ON THE SAME ACCOUNT , OR FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR MALFUNCTION OF ANY WEBSITE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST.
Without limiting the above limitation of liability, Sponsor shall not be responsible for:
- any incomplete or inaccurate information that is caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries in the Contest;
- lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, service provider, on-line systems, telephone networks or telephone lines, or any other connections;
- the theft, destruction, loss or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries;
- any problems with, or malfunctions or failures of, computers or computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs;
- garbled transmissions or miscommunications;
- printing, distribution, programming or production errors, and any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise; or
- technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained in these Official Rules.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between the Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta. To the fullest extent permitted by law, all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, prizes, or these Official Rules will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court in The City of Calgary in the Province of Alberta, Canada.
Protection of Personal Information and Publicity Release
By accepting a prize, a winner agrees to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, city/province of residence, picture, biographical information, statements, voice and likeness in any advertising and publicity Sponsor and its respective successors, assigns and licensees may conduct relating to the Contest in any media or format, whether now known or later developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice, and releases Sponsor from any liability with respect such uses.
If any Aura Loyalty Cardholder does not wish to be automatically entered into this Contest, please contact Sponsor at the following address to opt out of participation:
Attn: Aura Loyalty e-Transfer Request Contest
350N, 8500 Macleod Trail SE
Calgary, AB T2H 2N1
(Please use “Aura Loyalty e-Transfer Request Contest – Opt Out” as the subject line)
Include your full name and e-mail address associated with your Aura Loyalty account in any request.
Note that in the case of any Aura Loyalty Cardholder account with multiple signatories, or joint accounts, each and every account signatory must consent to opting out before the account will be deemed ineligible to win. By opting out, an individual disqualifies him/herself from any chance to win.
All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned and no correspondence will be made with or entered into except with selected Entrant(s). Receipt of Entries will not be confirmed or acknowledged. Winning a prize is contingent on fulfilling all the requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Mass entries, automated entries, entries submitted by third parties, and any entries or prize claims that are late, incomplete, fraudulent, illegible, unidentified, or delayed will be void. All entries and prize claims are subject to verification. Proof of entry submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws. Void where prohibited or otherwise not permitted by law. Sponsor is not responsible for taxes, fees, or any other expenses (if any) resulting from the prize claim or award of any potential winner or winner. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained in these Official Rules. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate or necessary to comply with applicable law. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner may be required to promptly return to Sponsor his/her prize. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.